Saturday, January 30, 2010

A New Dawn

My birthday began this year with a beautiful sunrise that became an omen for the day. With the call of a new morning, the Chicago skyline emerged, at first unnoticeable, but then more apparent as the softness of the clouds across lake Michigan brought to evidence the rigid structures of men.

Later that day, I met Suhail, Evgeni and their families for dinner. It had been a while since I last saw them all. Now, Noor is a 1st grader, Deni and Nadine are 4 years old, and little Eli is a strong 18 months toddler. Their personalities and temperaments come to surface as they keep themselves busy with games while the grown ups talk, eat, laugh, but still watch them with the corner of our eyes play. It is hard to believe that Rita and I will be joining the club of parenthood this year.


The journey as been good so far, and I am blessed for having crossed paths with these two extraordinary friends ...and dads.

No comments: