Friday, May 1, 2009

Katie Look!

We have worms!  

We started the worm box a week ago with bedding (paper, cardboard, and dry leaves), vegetable trimmings and egg shells in a Rubbermaid bin.  This is how the worm box looked before I added the worms.

The worms came in the mail on Wednesday.  That may be the strangest thing I have ever received in the mail.





As soon as I got home I opened the box and introduced them to their new home.

So far, so good.  I can't say I ever thought that having worms would be a good thing. 


4 comments:

Unknown said...

nasty

Katie said...

oh rita...how wonderful:) how I do delight in worms. I hope they are munching away...and just enjoying their new home. I can't wait to see you:)

Anonymous said...

Ah Juan,

Cooking, gardening, you've finally became a real desperate housedude!

Cédric

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about this whole "vermiculture" thing lately. I think when my 15 month old son gets a little older we will start it--I'm sure he will love it!

The one thing I'm not sure about is what you do with the worms that multiply--I read you can't throw them into the soil as they don't survive?

I've just started gardening too, so fun to see another newbie. There's a lot of great stuff on the internet and forums out there for questions.