Thursday, March 11, 2010

Nesting

I think I've been preparing for this my whole life, and I have to say it has been fun. The picture above is of a humming bird sitting on a nest we saw in Puerto Rico. We couldn't get a good picture without disturbing the bird, but I wanted to show it to you anyway.


Here's a glimpse of Lucia's room and just a few things I've made for her. Including some birds. You can see a bunch of the other things I've made over in my flickr site.



And, when we walked back to leave the path the mother hummingbird had left and we were able to get a shot of the little bird inside (don't worry, we stayed far away!)

3 comments:

Katie said...

Rita, oh you seem to be the perfect nester...I just looked at all the beautiful things you have made...you are amazing...how lucky little Lucia will be.

Unknown said...

aww, thanks Katie.

Kimberly Long Cockroft said...

You know, Lucia is going to grow up with an absolutely skewed view of how the universe is--she'll think it's beautiful, well-made, designed with sensitivity and care, and innately creative. What a childhood! You will be responsible! What do you have to say for yourself :) ?

Seriously, I'm just amazed at your skill and artistry. I have no doubt your work would be popular at the best baby shops. . .but for now, Lucia is still unaware of what a lovely world awaits her--but not for long! Whee!