Saturday, March 20, 2010

While We Wait

Every day for the past two weeks have felt like maybe this is the day. So each of us has been finding ways to keep busy. Today, my mom is cooking and grocery shopping, Juan is gardening and I've done a little sewing. So, inthe meantime, I thought I would write a little more about the baby's nursery and some special items in it.


First off, the crib. We were given the crib from Juan's sister Nancy over two years ago when they came for the summer from Spain. It was used by both Josue and Sofia when they were babies, it must be about 12 years old. (Look closely and you'll see that it also makes a great teether--I love that.)
And, the rocking chair. This is a little older. My dad gave it to my mom for her birthday in 1969, before they had any kids. He painted the flowers at the top and a message on the bottom. I think it is so sweet that they let me have it.


This bassinet, where the baby will sleep for the next few months in our room was first purchased when my mom was born and has been used by countless babies over the years. My parents have been working on it lovingly for the last couple of months. My dad fixed some broken bars in the hood and my mom decorated it, in fact, she just finished last night. I won't say exactly how old it is, but let's just say that it was made more than half a century ago.

And, just for fun (or because I was bored) I thought I should take a picture of what my belly looks like here at nearly 41 weeks. Enjoy.


2 comments:

~Rachel~ said...

Your face, i want to see your beautiful face, you goose!!!! Hang in there, Lucia will be here when she is good and ready. Love you.

Kimberly Long Cockroft said...

That is the cutest little belly ever. I looked like a beached whale right before I had Merry--you look so fit and ready to go. Go, girl! Go, go, go! I'm so excited for you right on the edge of birthing. . .can hardly wait to hear the whole story, and it will be very soon! Make sure you enjoy the last quiet moments as much as possible, since after Lucia comes life will be incredibly happy but SO different--Martin and I talk about how after children arrive, it is impossible to think of a time when they never existed. . .I'm so happy for you!